Zelda

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
billybobbie
Noob
Noob
is Zelda a good game to get into how fun is it on a scale of 1-10?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
There are so many, I only played the original on NES
Sstavix
CCGR addict
There are a lot of Zelda games out there, and it all depends on which one you're talking about. Although all of them are pretty much classified as action-adventure, they can vary widely in playstyle. For example, Twilight Princess is played quite a bit differently than Spirit Tracks.

As long as you're not talking about the CD-i games, though, most people would probably rank the Zelda games pretty high on the 1-10 scale....
Void of Self
Noob
Noob
The Legend of Zelda franchise is great for anyone who likes action/adventure style games. They can take a lot of time to completely finish, but I have personally played Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time through at least 5 times. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is much more difficult, but just as fun imho. Lot's of puzzles and typically a few different styles of gameplay are allowed. One of the best franchises that I have seen.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I love the Legend of Zelda series!
(Though I haven't played Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword was a bit disappointing in my opinion.)

My personal favorite is Wind Waker,
I also love the 2D games like Links Awakening, A Link to the Past, and so on! :mrgreen:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
CookieCadet
Noob
Noob
I like playing Zelda on the Wii and the Gameboy Advance. I always liked Link's little green hat and his awesome hair haha. :D I used to play it for hours and hours.
ABOUT9D9NINJAS
Noob
Noob
JOJ650s wrote:I love the Legend of Zelda series!
(Though I haven't played Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword was a bit disappointing in my opinion.)

My personal favorite is Wind Waker,
I also love the 2D games like Links Awakening, A Link to the Past, and so on! :mrgreen:
Oh man! You HAVE to play twilight princess! It's my favorite! I'm actually playing it for the second time through! The gameplay and story is very enjoyable and i love how there is a dark/shadow realm as well as a light side of things haha! The puzzles and different items are soo cool! I can't wait for the new zelda game too for the wii u! So many excitments! :D
LAVA89
I played through Link to the Past and Wind Waker all of the way through and they were immensely fun games.

However before I can recommend them, I am going to have to be a buzzkill in this discussion and open up a big can of worms-- going from Link to the Past, which had some minor magic elements to Wind Waker, made a large leap in terms of spiritual content-- where you outright challenge the gods who made Hyrule in their temple. You also call upon the help of the wind god to take you to various places and can take control of another character's mind via the wind waker.

If none of this bugs you, that's perfectly fine, since I'm not here to judge anyone who enjoys the games. I just want to warn Christians who are newcomers to the series based on my own personal experience and raise awareness so people can make more informed decisions. I do realize that Zelda is a fantasy world, so magic is to be expected. It's mostly that I didn't realize the gods became such a larger part of the newer games.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
LAVA89 wrote:I played through Link to the Past and Wind Waker all of the way through and they were immensely fun games.

However before I can recommend them, I am going to have to be a buzzkill in this discussion and open up a big can of worms-- going from Link to the Past, which had some minor magic elements to Wind Waker, made a large leap in terms of spiritual content-- where you outright challenge the gods who made Hyrule in their temple. You also call upon the help of the wind god to take you to various places and can take control of another character's mind via the wind waker.

If none of this bugs you, that's perfectly fine, since I'm not here to judge anyone who enjoys the games. I just want to warn Christians who are newcomers to the series based on my own personal experience and raise awareness so people can make more informed decisions. I do realize that Zelda is a fantasy world, so magic is to be expected. It's mostly that I didn't realize the gods became such a larger part of the newer games.
Yep my family got Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and once we saw upon calling upon the gods thing. We got rid of it.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
LAVA89 wrote:I played through Link to the Past and Wind Waker all of the way through and they were immensely fun games.

This is pretty much why I disliked Skyward Sword.
At least in Wind Waker it was a rather small and not very memorable, while in Skyward Sword it was basically a major thing throughout the story.
(I admit actually completely forgot the source of the wind waker's power though... :wtc: )

I do feel like I should make one comment though.
LAVA89 wrote:where you outright challenge the gods who made Hyrule in their temple.
Even though I played through the game several times, I actually don't recall this. (I know I forgot about the wind waker, but... XD)
You do fight a mechanized stone guardian which is the boss of the dungeon, though it isn't referred to anything more than... a mechanized stone guardian. (Unless I am missing something...)

Regardless though, thanks for bringing it up.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
LAVA89
This is the level I am referring to, and yeah, from what they're saying it's just a stone guardian. Which I guess I assumed it was a representation of the gods when I played the game before, because of there being 3 goddesses and three "faces", on the hands and head. However, going back to the youtube walkthroughs, defeating the guardian enables to the gods to help you, which is the underlying issue I'm having here.

My big issue is how they dramatically increased how much you interact with the gods of that world. It's one thing if it's just backstory folklore like in Link to the Past (the gods were only given a mention in the backstory of the manual), or maybe to explain a few things (i.e. how Hyrule became flooded), which you can look at as something the people have come up with to rationalize their world, but this takes it a step further, where the gods are real entities and you're calling upon their help in one way or another.
JOJ650s wrote:Regardless though, thanks for bringing it up.
No problem! Thank you for being understanding. I've ironically gotten more flack on Christian forums when I post about this kind of stuff. So I am relieved by the response, so far.