Indie Games

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
TomServos
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Has anyone played any good indie games recently that they could recommend? I have a favorite few, but the top of my lists for indie games is Bastion. It's a fantastic play, and I suggest you try it as soon as possible if able. Even if you don't want to recommend a game, just go ahead and talk about your favorite!
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Super Smash Flash 2 and Sonic: Before the Sequel
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
TomServos
Noob
Noob
Those sound like fun. Any others that you like?
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
Dear Esther, And Yet It Moves, Slender (be aware that it's scary, very scary), Zineth, Spelunky, Super Mario Bros. Crossover, Surgeon Simulator 2013, Proteus, Braid--I could go on for quite some time.
TomServos
Noob
Noob
Braid is a lot of fun. Slender relied on cheap scares and music. I can't wait for Faceless. It looks like it'll be a lot more fun.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
TomServos wrote:Braid is a lot of fun. Slender relied on cheap scares and music. I can't wait for Faceless. It looks like it'll be a lot more fun.
Slender made an internet meme creepy, scary, and fun. And it was free. I think we can give it some credit ;)
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
ChickenSoup wrote:Slender made an internet meme creepy, scary, and fun. And it was free. I think we can give it some credit :wink:
Haha, that is true.

Though I have got to try playing while listening to some music from the Nut Cracker.
Yeah, it'll ruin the creepy-ness, but it would worth it. :mrgreen:

I can see it now,
Spoiler:
When I first start the game,
I would have this playing.

Then this would play as I am gathering the pages.
(Starting at around 1:10)

I would also fit this in as I am gather the pages.

Then this will play as I make a mad dash to the last page.

Yes, it would be great. :mrgreen:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
....that's awesome XD
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Techno Kitten Adventure. >_>
TomServos
Noob
Noob
Yes, but have you SEEN the project for Faceless yet? It's also free, and it has a LOT more work going into it. It's not going to have any music, and is going to rely on ambient noises, such as footsteps and doors opening and closing. A lot more fantastic.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
TomServos wrote:Yes, but have you SEEN the project for Faceless yet? It's also free, and it has a LOT more work going into it. It's not going to have any music, and is going to rely on ambient noises, such as footsteps and doors opening and closing. A lot more fantastic.
What's wrong with relying on sensory input to scare a player exactly
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
I really liked Offspring Fling. It's a cutesy puzzle platformer with an art style similar to Yoshi's Island or Cave Story.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
TomServos, I can do a video review for Super Smash Flash 2 if you'd like. :)
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Bastion is one of my top choices as well. What genres of games do you prefer?

One of my favorite game series would be the Avernum series from Spiderweb software. All of their games are turn-based, old-school RPGs, but the newer ones have some decent graphics, too.

World of Goo would be a good choice as well, if you're one of about a dozen people who haven't tried it yet. Braid is a good choice too - it's already been mentioned, but it's so good it deserves mentioning again. ;)

Most of my Steam library consists of indie games - generally obtained through the Humble Bundles. But there are some pretty good ones out there.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Nate DaZombie wrote:Surgeon Simulator 2013
Have you seen the Rage Quit on that game? It has a lot of language, but oh my word, I was dying. I don't think I could ever play that game, haha.