Assassin's Creed III

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
not sure if gusta...

I am also playing this on the 360, as opposed to my old standby of PC, so maybe I just suck at controllers right now because I haven't adjusted :P I go from loving it to saying "WHY WOULD YOU DESIGN THAT IN SUCH A FASHION?" and of course there are not terribly uncommon bugs that just RUIN MY IMMERSION, MAN.

I don't know if I really like it right now or if I really want to like it. Thoughts?

EDIT: Of course, my favorite of the series will always (probably) be ACII, and those are pretty dang big shoes to fill, so maybe I'm biased in expecting the sequels to be just as lovely?
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I haven't played it, so I'm waiting for Drew to speak up, but what little first impressions I have are good. I like the time period, and I like the idea behind the main character. Whether that carries over to the actual game however, I somewhat doubt.
Last edited by Nate DaZombie on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Keep in mind I also played from 12:30-3:30 AM. So I was grumpers. >_>

I called it a night after a plot twist I probably could have seen coming. Not because it made me mad, but because I felt like it was a good place to get some sleep :P I do like this game, a lot, it's just some of the frustrating story-based missions that get me. I did appreciate that, unlike earlier games,

Spoiler:
during the chase after General Braddock, when I chased him on foot, I literally ran a couple feet and just stopped and shot him. END OF THE LINE, SIR. Not like earlier games, though the earlier games also set up their chase scenarios to be a little more user-friendly...
I too look forward to hearing Drew's thoughts on it.
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
I will get this game eventually. haha
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Ok, my advice is this: for every hour or two spent doing story missions, go explore for a while. The beauty is in the OTHER stuff you can do XD

Not saying the story as bad, even though
Spoiler:
Haytham and Ziio's little romance scene seemed forced. "Ih, you totes helped my peeps. You know how I haven't trusted you? Well I KINDA WANT YOU NOW. LET'S JUST SHARE LOVE IN THE CAVE NAO." Boom, pregnant. Plot advanced.
it's just the chase scenes OH GEEZ THE CHASE SCENES
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Guys?

My review isn't going to be the most positive. I'll have more done on it this weekend.

(It's been a hard week. I'm a tier 2 tech for a very big company during Christmas, and, well... I don't get days off this week.)
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
If i were writing a review, it wouldn't be that positive either. I have officially given up on full synchronization ಠ_ಠ

For the record, my comment about the chase scenes wasn't saying "They're awesome" but rather "holy crap why would they do this ever in the lifetime of a thousand suns."

EDIT: Somewhere in sequence 7. Getting the hang of everything much, much better now. Either that, or the beginning was subpar :P enjoying it a lot more now.