Animal Crossing

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Does Animal Crossing fit here?

Anyone playing this on the Wii?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
heard o fit, never played it. I honestly don't game much on the Wii...mostly excercise or hottest party game and the ever so rare Mario DDR game I bought twice
Kendrik
CCGR addict
I wish I were playing City Folk. Never got around to buying it, though. Most of my family got mad addicted to the Gamecube version. Such awesomeness. O.o
FamilyFriendlyGaming
Our Wii broke down. For the third time since launch. Talked to Nintendo about it, and they repaired this last issue for free. Anyways, when they did we lost all our saved data. Which meant all our ACCF progress was gone. I started playing it again, but have left it for a few days. :) I may play it some more. I need to find someone with the other fruit trees to improve our town.

But then I may not have much time for it either.
SSquared
Oh cool.

I bought the Gamecube version many months ago, but don't find myself drawn to it like I thought I would. I am not even playing it once a month. I forgot to play on Thanksgiving. Then I popped the game in on Christmas night (around 11 PM) hoping there would be some Christmas celebration and there was nothing. I played for a little and then turned it off. All I'm doing is little errands for people and it is rather slow. Plus, I don't really get playing time until around 10 PM and so characters are tired and the shop is closed.

I wanted to like it, I really did. It was $2.50 used and so I figured I would check it out. Thought it might be a good intro into the Wii version. Actually, I think I would play the game more often if it didn't take so long to talk. It really slows down the pacing for me. You have to wade through so much yippity-yap before you get to the point.

But...I am playing it on the Wii. :wink: Just not playing the Wii version. I'm interested in hearing what you think of City Folk. Or even a story about your game time.
FamilyFriendlyGaming
I like to get the money rock, and being winter time, work on the Snowman set. I missed Christmas and New Year's stuff - busy with a new website layout roll out.

I like collecting the fish, fossils, and getting a larger home. Before we lost all our Wii memory, I had the full house, multiple sets in the various rooms. Almost all the fossils, a lot of the fish, and bugs.

We tend to ignore the animals in the town, which led to a revolving door. I would get all the flowers everyday, and plant them everywhere.

The time based aspect is cool, but also annoying.

I really want building creation in this game, and the ability to create my own town. I hate how some of the random towns turn up. Let me decide where to put the buildings. I also think a Christian version of this game could do extremely well. Put a verse of the day on the town board, have a church and a pastor in town. Have revivals, etc.
Ryo96
Noob
Noob
Yeah, I have the game. It's very... well not for everybody. I mean I enjoy it alot but I can understand why people wouldn't like it. I'm actually looking forward to the new animal crossing being re-leased for he 3ds. It looks like a fresh take on animal crossing so it should be good. :D
Redwynsblue
Are you human?: Not likely
I play the Ds one..that game is crazy addicting!
Buy Me two gallons of chocolate milk and we will call it closure.

- A Belfast Joke.
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
I used to have the Gamecube version. Good stuff, is the Wii version any good?
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
I have played all of them.
City Folk is pretty good, but I got kinda board of it after a bit.
They are making one for the 3DS,
the characters are taller, you can have different pants,
and you can put stuff on the wall of your house, you can now swim in water,
and I think you can decorate the out side of your house.

I don't really plan to buy it though.
I still think it needs some thing big...
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
I've played them all except the N64 one (look it up, it exists in Japan). I thought the DS one was the best, but after playing the Sims 3 I don't think I'll ever be able to go back...