I Finally Just Beat LoZ:Wind Waker (GC)

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I played the GameCube version, but I played it on my PC via the Dolphin emulator, so while it's not the new HD release, it's close. ;)

And, wow. That is one amazing game. Got to be perhaps a top ten game for me. I am beyond blown away. The art, atmosphere, characters, music, storyline, sense of openness and exploration, the amazing smoothness and flow of combat... wow. All of it. Truly an amazing game. I haven't played/beaten most of the 3D Zeldas yet (just this one and Ocarina) but wow, this one will be tough to beat.

IBJamon
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Definitely one of my favorites. I didn't really enjoy most Zelda games after Wind Waker, too--probably had something to do with not getting any kind of nostalgia for the new games. OH WELL LULZ

It's funny--I play through a lot of games without beating them, but even when I was younger, I always had to finish Zelda games. They were compelling like that, I guess :3
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
That game was close to perfection, methinks.

If you got bored with the story, you could just go sailing around in pirate fashion.
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
I loved just exploring, filling out the map, discovering the many secrets. It's just so much fun. The only thing I didn't like was the whole pictograph thing... 3 pictures is just not enough. So I skipped that. Oh well.

WW:HD does have 12 picture slots, which would help a whole lot.

IBJamon
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
IBJamon wrote:I am beyond blown away. The art, atmosphere, characters, music, storyline, sense of openness and exploration, the amazing smoothness and flow of combat... wow. All of it. Truly an amazing game
You pretty much just listed everything I love about that game. *sniff*

Yeah, it's definitely game I have replayed several times, it just doesn't get old.
And I still have yet to do a three heart quest. (I just can't help myself from trying to collect everything. XD)
I also haven't finished the Nintendo gallery, I am actually pretty close...
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
EyeHopPancakes
Noob
Noob
congrats :D
GeekCharmiing
Noob
Noob
Me and a friend of mine used to play that game, it was interesting for sure. Nice graphics considering. I miss my ol' Gamecube.
Rejera
Noob
Noob
WindWaker is my GOAT (Game of all time, Though I like Goat. It's random.) The story is still one of the zelda stories that hits close to home for me. I was probably 8 or 9 when I first played, but was closer to links age (the age of the hero of time is 13 I believe. I was 11 or 12) when I actually beat it. Links sister being taken was, and still is, the most compelling zelda for me. It's not about saving some princess you just met, it's about saving family. The section where I had to go tell Grandma that she was gone still hits home. It brought 11 year old me close to tears. Tetra was an annoying, sarcastic character but, like link, I learned to like her over time. Sailing was fun. It made the world feel big. I laugh because it seems everyone I talk to says they didn't like the sailing. The counter system was deep and satisfying. The stealth section was tough as nails (which is why I think it took me so long to beat the game.) I loved the art style. I really hope they visit the world of windwaker again on consoles. Congrats on your achievement.
supersaiyanscooby
Noob
Noob
thats the one zelda game i need to play .
Bananareader
This game is the only Legend of Zelda game I have beaten.