Prayer Request for High School

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
WorthyGamer
Noob
Noob
So I'm a freshman in HS, and coming from a very small charter school, the transition was real. It involved heap loads of prayer from my entire family (Both immediate and secondary; I more than blessed to call them family!), some panic attacks, and heavy breathing. Now that I'm in Semester 2, its a routine and have little to no objections walking in there. One thing that is a bit worry-some is the culture and environment. Being (And with full respect I am not attempting to break rule 5, as I am only relaying to you the situation in the best possible way) a caucasian in a Hispanic/Latino area, attending this school, has been a struggle. With lock downs ever-so often, knives keeping hidden in the class, vaping, and so on, it has been hard. Especially because I am a male attempting to be a light upon this dark alley, I just face ever-so often comments from others about me.

However, the Lord has been so gracious to me and has given me a group of Christian friends that I can go to whenever, and they can come to me whenever about absolutely anything (SOOO Blessed!).

So my prayer request today is just to pray that God will give me wisdom whenever anything happens, to help me remember that He is with me always (Literally, and I believe this with my whole heart, standing beside me, even at this very moment!), and to know that there are people by my side.

Sorry for a very long post, and God Bless!
J.K. Riki
Firstly, never have to apologize for long posts. :) It is better to be understood in full than be brief and leave something important out!

Will pray for peace and safety for you as you go through this time. My own experience in high school was rough, but you're right that having friends helps a huge amount. And having fellow Christians as friends, something I lacked then, is even better. So that's great!

Keep being a light, and you are correct that God is next to you at all times. Which means a constant support and source of strength when things get rough, and as you know they will get rough at times. He never deserts us.

Keep us posted if you need other prayers or to talk! Anyone who has been through the challenges of high school is no doubt happy to chime in and encourage you. Make it the best you can, and in down times remember it is only for a few short years. Good luck!
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I'll definitely keep you in mind during my prayers. God bless!
Last updated March 13th
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Keeping you in my prayers, we're always here to listen :)
PigLover64
Noob
Noob
I am a Senior going to a public High School, it is sometimes hard to express Christian Faith but having a good group of friends who are in your parish helps. Don't lose faith and never compromise on your values. High School is when we are most vulnerable be strong.