Wisdom Teeth surgery Wednesday

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
J.K. Riki
Hey online CCG family! On Wednesday I have to get all four of my wisdom teeth out. I should have done it two decades ago, but I kept putting it off because I was pretty afraid of the sedation stuff. Now I have a lot more peace about it, but could still use some prayers for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. Or whatever is His will. And prayers for my wife who won't be knocked out during and will have to take care of me after. :P

Leading up to it I am certainly thinking about existence and mortality a lot. Life is interesting, that's for sure.

Anyway, thanks for lifting us up if you don't mind!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I had all four taken out the same day too. The sedation wasn't too bad, they didn't hook it up right initially so I didn't go down. Once adjusted I couldn't finish the sentence "I can feel it". Jay was worried because it took me a little bit to wake up. The rest of the day I ate soup and I never used the codeine Tylenol they gave me.

Praying it goes smoothly for you!
J.K. Riki
Thanks, helpful to hear!

How long was it before you had solid foods again? I have enough liquid food substances (and stuff like mashed potatoes and such) to last about five days, but if it goes more than that I figure I should be fine to go buy more, ha ha.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I was eating solids in a day or two
J.K. Riki
Whoa! That seems crazy fast! Well, here's hoping for a speedy recovery like yours. :)

Whatever it is, I'm mostly at peace with it. We'll see how it goes and fretting about it isn't going to help me much!
Kwan
Praying the surgery goes well!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
How did it go?
J.K. Riki
Well I survived! It wasn't fun. I wouldn't do it again (thankfully don't have to) but I would recommend anyone who needs to get them out do it ASAP and not wait around like I did. :P Better to have it over and done with.

They knocked me out quickly upon entering the room, but I semi-woke up at the very end so I could hear the horrible grinding noises. I was too out of it to remember anything in detail now, though, thankfully. And the pain directly after was awful, but now it's reduced to just a dull ache that I can deal with alright. I still can't feel my chin, but I think that might be because inflamed areas are pressing on nerves. Hopefully when the swelling goes down I will be able to have feeling again. If not, well I'm still alive! :)

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts everyone. It is appreciated. I got a lot of chances to chat with God before and after, and I'm hoping this makes me more empathetic towards those in pain. Sometimes I forget just how miserable physical pain is, and my mother is getting knee surgery tomorrow so I will have to take care of her and this experience will remind me to do a good job and be compassionate! (Prayers for her as well, that recovery is a lot longer than wisdom teeth!)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying for a quick recovery for you both!
J.K. Riki
Well my wisdom tooth removal pain got worse, so I guess I'll call the doctor first thing in the morning. For now, thankfully have heavy duty Ibuprofen to dull the ache. Drat, I was so hoping this would go smoothly! Oh well, still very grateful. This could be much worse.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh no! Praying it gets figured out quickly
J.K. Riki
The doctor said things look like they're healing well, so the pain should continue to decrease in the coming days. I have to go back in four weeks to check on the numbness thing, though. Guess that is not healing the way it should. Oh well, still happy to be alive. :)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for the update, still praying