Where have I been?

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around the site too much lately. I haven't edited a review in weeks, let alone written one, and I can't even remember the last time I've played Minecraft.

Well, my life has been extremely busy, but it's recently taken an interesting turn. I had been working as a supervisor at Walmart - my second promotion in 18 months - and trying to make my way up the managerial chain. But the hours were annoying (4 a.m. to 1 p.m.), and some of the requirements have been taking its toll on my body. Hey, I'm getting older, and I can feel it. So one day I said a brief little prayer, that Heavenly Father would help me get a nice, quiet office job somewhere.

It seems that He was listening. I wasn't even looking for a job at the time, but one Friday, I got an e-mail from the manager of a company I used to work for. Her title officer had decided to quit on short notice, and she needed a new one. As I had worked for that company as a title officer for approximately 10 years, my name was the first one to come to mind, and she was hoping I would be available. The job paid 30% more than what I was being paid at Walmart, and it was a nice quiet office job, in a small town, doing work that I already was familiar with. We decided to drive up there and attend the LDS church on Sunday, just to see what it felt like. I even prayed and asked if this new church was supposed to be my new church family, and got the overwhelming impression of "yes." So I accepted the job that following Monday and put in my notice at Walmart.

Interestingly enough, this new job is an answer to another prayer. My father was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. It is in remission right now, but it basically told me and my wife that my parents are getting older, and might need to be cared for. We planned on trying to find a way to move north, to the Spokane, Washington area, to be closer to them (hence the reason why I was trying to get into management at Walmart - there are lots of Walmarts in the Spokane- Coeur d'Alene area). This new job is only about an hour away from their home, in contrast to the 3+ hour commute we have right now in Idaho. As an additional bonus, my sister and her family lives in the next town over from my job, so there's a good chance we can reconnect with them, too!

So certainly praise to Heavenly Father for answering prayers! This has been a big boost to my self-esteem and wavering faith. :) But also, a prayer request - since this job is located in another state, our family is going to have to move. But we are having a bit of trouble finding a good house to move into - either because it doesn't have what we need for our growing family, or we simply can't afford it. We also are trying to get our place cleaned up, repaired and sold, but it's taking longer than we expected.

The new job starts next Monday (the 27th), so I will be staying in this small town (or one of the communities near it) during the work week. Then I will come back to Idaho duringthe weekend to help with cleaning and to attend church. There is someone in the church there that has offered me a bed to sleep in while I am up there, but that's just a temporary solution. So we're praying that the housing situation can be resolved in a fashion that will help our family out.

And then, once everything settles down, perhaps I'll have more time to spend with my family, and here, editing and writing game reviews, and maybe even playing some Minecraft.

So thanks for taking the time to read this! And any prayers you can offer would be greatly appreciated. God bless!
Kwan
Hey Sstavix,

Good to see you around! Thanks for the life update; your presence is missed here, but I'm glad life is treating you well! Will keep you and your family in my prayers for the new job and moving situation.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for the update, awesome news on the job! Praying for a smooth relocation. Keep us posted!
J.K. Riki
Praises! That sounds amazing, thanks for sharing it. Gives us all a boost of inspiration to be reminded to trust and keep at it. :)

Hope the new job is everything and more, and regardless it leads you closer to God and others. Exciting stuff!
Comotto
Ditto!

CARZ
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Quick update - I'm currently in a motel room in the town where I work now. If things go well with the lender, we will be putting in an offer on a house today. It feels like things are progressing, but they are in His hands....
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome, praying it goes as God planned. Thanks for the update!
Jensen
Noob
Noob
Hi Sstavix,

Thank you for sharing some of your story. It is an encouragement. God bless with what remains ahead of you! Prayers!

Jensen
ShadowedStarr
You already know that I'm praying Dad!!!! :D :D
"They're shoes... but sharp... But shoes.. But sharp..... I need a moment. I think I'm having some emotions here." ~Stabitha Doogan~
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Another update, for those who have been keeping track. I am writing this from the house that we have purchased on contract, and I've been here for about a month. I am still traveling to Idaho on the weekends to help with packing and renovations to the old house. We are starting to wrap things up, and are planning another UHaul trip this weekend (our third). This will be to move most of the big, heavy items, so there shouldn't be much left in the house after this!

We have someone possibly interested in the Idaho property (interestingly enough, one of our neighbors), and if all goes well, we might be able to get exactly what we are asking for. That will help us greatly in paying off our remaining debts (aside from the real estate contract, of course, which we can't pay off for at least 8 years without a penalty). And the rest of the family will be joining me soon, too!

But we also are hoping and praying that the kids will be able to make some new friends, ones that will be good and spiritual influences. We've found some information about some of their friends that has us parents a bit concerned, and we are hoping that, they will have better options here. Amusingly enough, one of the people joked that this town was unique in that it had 11 churches and no bars! Sounds like a sign of a good town there.... :)

God has provided so much for us in this whole experience, even if it has been stressful and a bit confusing. It will be interesting to see what the future has in store for us!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Glad things are coming together for you guys. God is good! Sounds like a great place to raise kids
J.K. Riki
Happy to hear it, thanks for the update! :D