Praise Report, Update On Situation, and Commission Work

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
HalcyonLioness
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Hello again, everyone.

I hope this finds all of you well, and if it does, I wish to reiterate my gratefulness to all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and kindness. As it stands, it's been a few weeks since we hit (and surpassed) the goals we set, and one finds it necessary to fill everyone in on what's happened since then.

Thanks to all of your combined generosity, we managed to get things square with the bank. This means that I have my account back and I’ve managed to pitch in my part of this month’s rent.

Once again, thank you. All of you.

With that said, I’m not entirely out of the woods, yet. On top of next month’s rent and expenses, I still have the loan office and backlogged insurances to address. Lord have mercy, I am not looking forward to making those phone calls.

I honestly feel guilty and outright terrible asking all of you for your help again, everyone. Especially so soon. On the bright side, the situation isn’t incredibly urgent at this stage; it’s just a situation that is very, very tricky to navigate. Personally, I just want to get all this money and financial crud done and over with as soon as possible for your sakes and mine… and the sooner we can address these things, the sooner I can focus my energy back into producing content on a regular basis again for you guys without having to look over my shoulder in fear IRL.

Which leads me to something of a proposal I have for all of you.

For a while now, I’ve been trying to get commission work to supplement my income from my caregiving and part-time office assistant jobs, and suffice it to say, business has been very, very slow since I started offering my services as an artist, writer, and voice actor some time last year. (... and by ‘slow’, I mean, I’ve only had two customers in the span of 7 months.) One would think I would have learned my lesson by now, but as it stands--short of taking on another full-time job--offering to do commission work is the only desirable option I've got right now.

Offering commissions will not mean I won’t do my own thing, or that you’ll have to pay to see any content from me, or that I’ll turn away actual charitable donations… it just means that there is an option for one to get something in return for continuing to support what it is I’m doing on the social media platforms where I spend what little free time I've got.

At the risk of getting my wrist slapped for advertising, if any of you are interested in hiring me for commission work, I have details available right here: http://fav.me/dbt9xcp … or here: https://goo.gl/ZB9kYz … and if you still want to just throw money at me out of the (deeply appreciated) goodness of your hearts, here's my Ko-Fi and Donationto pages. ... and if donation or commissioning isn't feasible, please, if at all possible, at the least pray that I finally find some steady customers, and perhaps some continued buffering against facing another situation like I had to deal with late last year.

TL;DR -- Thank you for helping me out in this trying season; what support I’ve received has gone a very long way, although I still have another long way to go. Going forward, I’m willing to write, draw, or voice act in return for further support. I’ll still do my own stuff, and if you simply want to donate without commissioning me for anything, the door is still wide open for that. Every little bit still counts, be it commission or charity or even just prayers, and is still very much appreciated regardless of form.

Once again, thank you for your help and thank you in advance for any continued support, prayer or otherwise.

Stay awesome and love always, cats ‘n’ kittens. God continue to bless you in kind.

~Lioness
[Epic sig pic incoming]
Livestream: [http://twitch.tv/halcyonlioness] || YouTube Channel: [http://bit.ly/X3EQNt] || Twitter: [twitter.com/HalcyonLioness] || Tumblr: [halcyonlioness.tumblr.com] || Steam: HalcyonLioness || B-Net Battletag: AstraLioness#[numbers restricted]
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Thanks for the update. Have you considered fiverr.com ? That's a good place to offer some services as well. Hope that helps.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
It has been said all journeys begin with a single step. Hardly is mentioned the need for another step, or the next and so on.
Glad you're stepping! I'll continue praying!
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?