My grandpa

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
keeping your grandpa in my prayers. let God give you peace through out this. and remember he is in God's hands.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
grandpa is barely eating and has pain where the cancer is. While not confirmed it appears that the cancer is getting worse and the chemo is not working. He is losing weight and strength and is prone to falling easily. My grandmother is not strong enough to get him back on his feet. Please continue to pray for them both. Thank you.
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Oh no :(. I'll be praying for him.

But you are very lucky to have your grandparents still.

Mine are old. Hopefully they can see me with a beautiful wife and kids some day. my Grandparents are such great influences on me.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
My grandfather is in the hospital and will be heading to rehab to help bring back some strength. Once that's done he will need 24/7 care and only has a few months left according to the doctor.
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
ccgr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:51 pm My grandfather is in the hospital and will be heading to rehab to help bring back some strength. Once that's done he will need 24/7 care and only has a few months left according to the doctor.
Sorry to hear. Is he a christian?
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Strong Catholic
Comotto
Ccgr prayers for you and family. I went thru a similar issue with my dad. The mistake I made was to continue his medical treatments as he lost quality of life rather than placing him in hospice so he would be comfortable. A nurse gave me this advice but I ignored it as you want to do everything possible to extend their life and keep hope alive. I am Catholic also, so I assume he's had the Anointing of the Sick by a priest and continues to receive Our Lord in the Eucharist as long as he's able to swallow a host.

CARZ

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/sacrame ... -the-sick/
http://www.lifelongfaith.com/uploads/5/ ... ndouts.pdf

Prayer After Anointing (#125)
Father in heaven,
through this holy anointing
grant N. comfort in his/her suffering.
When he/she is afraid, give him/her courage,
when afflicted, give him/her patience, when dejected, afford him/her hope, and when alone, assure him/her of the support of your holy people.
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Comotto wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:37 am Ccgr prayers for you and family. I went thru a similar issue with my dad. The mistake I made was to continue his medical treatments as he lost quality of life rather than placing him in hospice so he would be comfortable. A nurse gave me this advice but I ignored it as you want to do everything possible to extend their life and keep hope alive. I am Catholic also, so I assume he's had the Anointing of the Sick by a priest and continues to receive Our Lord in the Eucharist as long as he's able to swallow a host.

CARZ

Father in heaven,
when afflicted, give him/her patience, when dejected, afford him/her hope, and when alone, assure him/her of the support of your holy people.
We believe as christians, believing in God, having a relationship with him and following what his word says you go to heaven. Not by any works or anointing. Sadly CCGR's grandpa is a catholic. They believe works, reciting prayers over and over, praying to mary and doing mass ETC will get you to heaven. But as I said, believing in God, having a relationship with him and following what his word says you go to heaven.

My prayers are with your grandpa ccgr,

Cole

o CCGR forum moderator.
Comotto
Woiv wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 pm
Comotto wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:37 am Ccgr prayers for you and family. I went thru a similar issue with my dad. The mistake I made was to continue his medical treatments as he lost quality of life rather than placing him in hospice so he would be comfortable. A nurse gave me this advice but I ignored it as you want to do everything possible to extend their life and keep hope alive. I am Catholic also, so I assume he's had the Anointing of the Sick by a priest and continues to receive Our Lord in the Eucharist as long as he's able to swallow a host.

CARZ

Father in heaven,
We believe as christians, believing in God, having a relationship with him and following what his word says you go to heaven. Not by any works or anointing. Sadly CCGR's grandpa is a catholic. They believe works, reciting prayers over and over, praying to mary and doing mass ETC will get you to heaven. But as I said, believing in God, having a relationship with him and following what his word says you go to heaven.

My prayers are with your grandpa ccgr,

Cole
My intent Cole (Woiv) was not to convert anyone to Catholicism but to give insight into Grandpa's beliefs. As a Catholic he would expect to receive the Sacrament of Anointing since it's part of his faith, it can only help to strengthen his mental wellness during this very stressful time. As Christians we need to be respectful of others beliefs since ' we all fall short of the glory of God' or be quick to judge their beliefs. It is well known that as non-Catholic Christians many do not agree with their beliefs and traditions, I don't believe this is the topic for that discussion, only to support CCGR deal with her Grandpa.At this pointing his life, it is not sad that he's a Catholic, it simply is what it is and would only serve to support his beliefs.

CARZ
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Chemo is stopped for now if not indefinitely.

He had the anointing of the sick, but as far as I'm aware his church does not bring communion to the hospital (a shame really).

Regarding his faith and eternal destiny that's between him and God. I've had multiple faith oriented debates with my grandparents. They know my beliefs and I'm aware of theirs. Judgement comes to everyone and no matter the result we can have faith that it will be just.
Comotto
ccgr wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 pm Chemo is stopped for now if not indefinitely.

He had the anointing of the sick of the sick but as far as I'm aware his church does not bring communion to the hospital (a shame really).

Regarding his faith and eternal destiny that's between him and God. I've had multiple faith oriented debates with my grandparents. They know my beliefs and I'm aware of theirs. Judgement comes to everyone and no matter the result we can have faith that it will be just.
How about the hospital Chaplin? If you don't mind PM me with his location in Fla. and I'll be glad to check. My dissertation was for Cole's (Woiv) benefit, he said it was sad that your Grandpa was Catholic.

CARZ
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'll have to find out which hospital he's saying at. My uncle is with my grandma and him currently and I've been out of town so I haven't called there yet.

in Him,
Cheryl
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
I totally agree God at the end is the judger.

If he's a strong catholic, he believes in works, mass, praying to saints (Such as marry) to carry him to heaven. I strongly disagree those will get you to heaven, based on what Gods shows us in the bible....

Cole

o CCGR forum moderator.
Comotto
Woiv wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 pm I totally agree God at the end is the judger.

If he's a strong catholic, he believes in works, mass, praying to saints (Such as marry) to carry him to heaven. I strongly disagree those will get you to heaven, based on what Gods shows us in the bible....

Cole
It's too late for conversion, so what you believe matters not, what he believes will bring him comfort in his ending days. Again this forum topic is not the place for debate.

CARZ
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Comotto wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:12 am
Woiv wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 pm I totally agree God at the end is the judger.

Cole
It's too late for conversion, so what you believe matters not, what he believes will bring him comfort in his ending days. Again this forum topic is not the place for debate.

CARZ
I agree. We should focus on CCGR and her grandpa.

This wasn't a debate, sorry you read it that way.

o CCGR forum moderator.