My faith

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
Trix_110 wrote:
CRCBrony wrote:That's what I'm here for, sister! And don't be too worried. In fact, don't be worried at all. God has got His hand on you, and He will help you through EVERY SINGLE THING IN LIFE, but first, you have to ask for it.

''Ask, and ye shall receive.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be open unto you''. Matthew 7:7
This is very supportive and good advise. I will tey to pray more.
May God bless you through everything you do! Amen
lokik21
Are you human?: Yes!
Trix_110 wrote:
lokik21 wrote:Hey I was feeling that way a few months ago myself but am doing better. I'll still pray for you of course but I can tell you what helped for me, although I don't know which Christian denomination you are I'm Catholic so it may or may not vary.

Lately ive been praying the Rosary at least once a day which has helped me a lot, I've also more recently started praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet, which even if you're not Catholic that should be more accessible I'd say. I've been trying to understand better and come to God on his terms and not mine. That's something I've had to realize, so I've been reading the Bible and reading a lot of books about God and the people of the that serve God such as Maxamilian Kolbe, Padre Pio, Augustine, Aquinas, GK Chesterton, CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein. Going to daily Mass has also helped me immensely. To go and hear the readings each day in God's presence is wonderful, now you can always do the readings yourself but for myself I quite enjoy Homilies as God's word will affect everyone differently and they may make a good point you hadn't realized. I've also been doing Adoration Hour, which has been wonderful. If you don't know what that is you pray to God for an hour or just be in His presence and reflect. Also volunteer work is good! This is something I need to get into more myself still but serving all of God's people is a very good idea I'd say. The last thing is as you've done reach out to people you trust and will help. I hope this has helped, God bless and I'll pray for you.
I'm not Catholic but I reading from the point of view from cheistians from more around my time than the christians in the bible would be more relatable as they go through more of the modern struggles and also I'm working on trying to help out at my church by helping the younger sunday school sessions and by helping out on this monthly activity called messy church that my church has recently decided to do. As for praying I feel that is something I need to remember to do more of, most of the times I remember to pray about a problem and ask for help but afterwards I forget to thank him.
Forgetting to thank God is sadly easy to do. During my nightly prayers I try to thank Him for everything he's done, in fact I have nights dedicated to just that instead of asking for help. God is amazing and we all forget sometimes to say thank you. And I think most of the authors I suggested would interest you then. Augustine and Aquinas are from an older generation but history tends to repeat itself so Augustine in particular may have similar problems. His life beforehand was quite interesting before he gave his life to God. As for Kolbe he was during WWII and died in a concentration camp giving his life for a family. As well as many other things he did. Padre Pio I still need to read more about but he's fairly recent. Lewis and Tolkein you've probably heard of but Chesterton aside from Tolkein is one of the people that helped convert Lewis from atheism to Christianity so they could be very interesting. And good! Definitely involving yourself more is good.
Trix_110
Noob
Noob
lokik21 wrote:
Trix_110 wrote:
lokik21 wrote:Hey I was feeling that way a few months ago myself but am doing better. I'll still pray for you of course but I can tell you what helped for me, although I don't know which Christian denomination you are I'm Catholic so it may or may not vary.

Lately ive been praying the Rosary at least once a day which has helped me a lot, I've also more recently started praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet, which even if you're not Catholic that should be more accessible I'd say. I've been trying to understand better and come to God on his terms and not mine. That's something I've had to realize, so I've been reading the Bible and reading a lot of books about God and the people of the that serve God such as Maxamilian Kolbe, Padre Pio, Augustine, Aquinas, GK Chesterton, CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein. Going to daily Mass has also helped me immensely. To go and hear the readings each day in God's presence is wonderful, now you can always do the readings yourself but for myself I quite enjoy Homilies as God's word will affect everyone differently and they may make a good point you hadn't realized. I've also been doing Adoration Hour, which has been wonderful. If you don't know what that is you pray to God for an hour or just be in His presence and reflect. Also volunteer work is good! This is something I need to get into more myself still but serving all of God's people is a very good idea I'd say. The last thing is as you've done reach out to people you trust and will help. I hope this has helped, God bless and I'll pray for you.
I'm not Catholic but I reading from the point of view from cheistians from more around my time than the christians in the bible would be more relatable as they go through more of the modern struggles and also I'm working on trying to help out at my church by helping the younger sunday school sessions and by helping out on this monthly activity called messy church that my church has recently decided to do. As for praying I feel that is something I need to remember to do more of, most of the times I remember to pray about a problem and ask for help but afterwards I forget to thank him.
Forgetting to thank God is sadly easy to do. During my nightly prayers I try to thank Him for everything he's done, in fact I have nights dedicated to just that instead of asking for help. God is amazing and we all forget sometimes to say thank you. And I think most of the authors I suggested would interest you then. Augustine and Aquinas are from an older generation but history tends to repeat itself so Augustine in particular may have similar problems. His life beforehand was quite interesting before he gave his life to God. As for Kolbe he was during WWII and died in a concentration camp giving his life for a family. As well as many other things he did. Padre Pio I still need to read more about but he's fairly recent. Lewis and Tolkein you've probably heard of but Chesterton aside from Tolkein is one of the people that helped convert Lewis from atheism to Christianity so they could be very interesting. And good! Definitely involving yourself more is good.
At the moment I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia and they are books that I'm really getting to like and I know that they are written by C.S.Lewis but thats as much as I know about those authors. They seem very interesting so I will look into them and look for more of their books.
lokik21
Are you human?: Yes!
Trix_110 wrote:
lokik21 wrote:
Trix_110 wrote:
At the moment I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia and they are books that I'm really getting to like and I know that they are written by C.S.Lewis but thats as much as I know about those authors. They seem very interesting so I will look into them and look for more of their books.
Good start! I need to read them myself but have heard Mere Christianity and The Screwtape Letters by Lewis are quite good as well. Plan on getting to them soon, just have a lot to read
WisteriaWillows
Noob
Noob
I have a very hard time studying the Bible without any accountability. It's embarrassing, because I would say that Bible study is my favorite thing, but I can't seem to do it unless I HAVE to. Sin nature and war with the flesh still rage on!

Please look up http://www.bsfinternational.org
(Bible Study Fellowship)
It's a non-denominational Bible study group. They do not replace the church. They support it and want you in church. They just help people study better. They provide short daily Bible studies and a weekly two hour class where you discuss your own answers, hear a lecture over the material, and receive notes on the passage you just studied.

God has used BSF in my life to really fire me up for God! There's so much in the Bible I was missing when I just read, or just went to Sunday school, or just heard a sermon. This was deeper and richer!