baptised

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
OhioFiveOh215
Noob
Noob
Well i was baptised a few years ago, But i feel like i did it just to do it =/ i wanna know if i should get baptised again or not. Thanks for you're help!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Baptism represents a new direction or commitment to your faith. Before Jesus' ministry went into full swing, he got baptized. Did it mean anything to you the first time around? I was baptized as a baby and had no say in the matter. I willingly got baptized when I was 20-21.
OhioFiveOh215
Noob
Noob
I mean it kinda did but i really didn't know why you got baptized
OhioFiveOh215
Noob
Noob
really i just did it cause i saw some people in our church do it and thought it was cool
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
A Christian baptism means you're expressing your belief in Jesus to the world. When I became a Born Again Christian, I was baptized by immersion in water. I had to speak to my pastor about it first to ensure my faith and beliefs were genuine.

Baptism is a verbal commitment expressing your faith in Christ. If it didn't mean anything the first time and if you are a believer now, I suggest to be baptized again.
Ashton_Gigglez
Noob
Noob
I got baptized when i was about 12 but during high school and the year I was in college I really struggled and strayed from where I should have been. When my husband and I decided to get married we got baptized together to cleanse ourselves and enter our marriage as in step with God as we could. We had talked to my parents before hand and prayed for forgiveness and renewal and it made our wedding and our marriage much more special and drew us closer. If your asking if you should be baptized again it probably means you feel like you should or that you might need to, if your feeling like this it probably means your right. It certainly won't hurt and will make you feel closer to God and more refreshed. I say go for it :) <3
Guardian
Noob
Noob
It would be wise for you to discuss this with your pastor or church elders. God holds them accountable for shepherding you, after all (Heb 13:17), and they probably can give you wiser counsel. They can talk with you, help you find clarity when it comes to the genuineness of your faith, and answer the nitty-gritty questions of what baptism and faith is all about.

However, I'm assuming you're part of a church at the moment. If not, I think that's a far greater concern for you than whether your baptism "counted" or not.

Heb 3:17 for reference:
Spoiler:
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.