Another Man on the "I need a Job" prayer list - Me

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Cantore
Are you human?: Yes!
Hey guys! :)

I'm a little depressed about not getting a job. The Bible says "be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and suplication, let your requests be made known to God."

I pray EVERY day, and have been for the last 4 1/2 months (since May 31,2012) for a job that will supply our needs as a family. The problem is not that I don't believe that God could do this for me; but that He hasn't because of a punishment for the sin that got me fired 2 years ago from a nursing job (won't go into details).

The Bible does talk about sins that affect a whole household as a result. I mean, I look at David for example, and the sin of just taking a census - which then cost the lives of 70,000 people of Israel; even after God had been merciful on Jerusalem itself. And also, the Bible states that a man will reap what he sows to. I wrestle a lot with what is truly judgement, or what is just bad luck here.

So, anyhow.. please pray for me, my family. That God would be merciful to us, and that I could find a job quickly that will be sufficient to supply our needs.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
praying!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
You got to drop that attitude about being out of work because you're being punished. That will show itself when applying and interviewing and will, in itself, keep you from getting a job. You need to go out and be confident.

The fact of the matter is, 4 1/2 months of unemployment isn't unheard of in this economy. This just means how hard you'll have to fight to get that job. If God's telling you anything, it's that you need to step up the game. Keep applying, make it your full time job (if you haven't already) and keep confident. You need a positive attitude; defeatism will ruin you.

God doesn't want to keep you down, only the devil does. If you already repented, God has already forgiven you. If you're still dealing with guilt, that's not God. Now go forth and get that job. It won't be easy, and it will take sacrifice, but it's out there. Do what you have to.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Cantore
ArchAngel wrote:You got to drop that attitude about being out of work because you're being punished. That will show itself when applying and interviewing and will, in itself, keep you from getting a job. You need to go out and be confident.

The fact of the matter is, 4 1/2 months of unemployment isn't unheard of in this economy. This just means how hard you'll have to fight to get that job. If God's telling you anything, it's that you need to step up the game. Keep applying, make it your full time job (if you haven't already) and keep confident. You need a positive attitude; defeatism will ruin you.

God doesn't want to keep you down, only the devil does. If you already repented, God has already forgiven you. If you're still dealing with guilt, that's not God. Now go forth and get that job. It won't be easy, and it will take sacrifice, but it's out there. Do what you have to.
Thank you, and well-said.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
After re-reading my post, I realized I came off like I was making it seem like you were irresponsible; I apologize, that was not the intent. Thanks for taking it in stride.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Cantore
ArchAngel wrote:After re-reading my post, I realized I came off like I was making it seem like you were irresponsible; I apologize, that was not the intent. Thanks for taking it in stride.
I didn't take that as your intent. Nor did I even look at how much you 'didn't know' about me. See, if I did that, I would go down the road of self-pity... which leads nowhere.

I just took it as a challenge to keep my chin up. That's it. :)
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
That's the spirit! :)
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Praying for you dude.
Cantore
Thanks for the continued prayers everyone!

Still looking... still have yet to find a job.
selderane
Gamer
Gamer
Cantore wrote:Thanks for the continued prayers everyone!

Still looking... still have yet to find a job.
If you can afford it, I suggest picking up the book 48 Days to the Work You Love. It'll blow your mind and probably show you a number of areas where you're messing up and not even know it. Furthermore, it's written from a Christian perspective and makes getting to know where God wants you to be part of the journey.

If you can't afford it, let me know.
Everything above this sentence is opinion and worth precisely what was paid for it.
Everything below this sentence is indisputable fact as verified by scientists, philosophers, scholars, clergy, and David Bowie.

If Star Wars: Destiny is a CCG, X-Wing is an LCG.