1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.
2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.
3) Please be respectful of others.
4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.
5) No racial comments, jokes or images
6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace
7) No Duplicate posts
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:15 am
- CCGR addict
- Posts: 3494
- Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:00 pm
- Are you human?: Yes!
Looking in my Bible dictionary, it says they were "an Antinomian sect in Asia Minor that claimed license for sensual sin."
So they seemed to have believed that sensual sins were a-ok. Not necessarily 'sexual' but 'sensual.' What that means is they were all about physical pleasure, which would include sexual but also food, leisure, drugs, alcohol... prettymuch anything that can be done for physical gratification to excess.
"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
- J.K. Riki
- Senior Member
- Posts: 356
- Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:34 pm
That overall advice said, keep in mind Revelation is a Prophecy book. As such it, like Isaiah and others, won't be completely understood until after the events take place. Doesn't mean we should avoid it or not try our best to understand, only that we must keep in mind we "only know in part now" as Paul says. Later we will know in full. Our job is to do the best we can and seek God with all our hearts. If there are some things, like in Revelation, that we cannot yet know that is to be expected. We have what we need to do the good works we are saved to do in the here and now. Much of the "there and then" of the future is firmly in God's hands and we can rest easy knowing that.
Good question, though! Always good to ask and seek and explore this stuff.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest