Got a question? We may have some answers!
1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.
2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.
3) Please be respectful of others.
4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.
5) No racial comments, jokes or images
6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace
7) No Duplicate posts
- CCGR addict
- Posts: 3289
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:00 am
- Are you human?: Yes!
- Location: the doomed ship HMS Sinkytowne
At some point it becomes a big semantic argument
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:13 pm
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 "Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
Christians should celebrate Halloween for the opportunity to "spend time/build relationships" with those who don't know Christ. Yes, Halloween can be traced back to pagan practices and festivals... who cares! I believe in the power of God to redeem things meant for evil, and use them for good.
P.S. A dead, carved vegetable only has evil powers, if you think it does.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:25 pm
my family doesn't celebrate it but we have a program in our church called hallelujah night it has a bunch of games that you win candy with it so that's what we do.
- Regular Member
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:18 pm
- Are you human?: Yes!
- Location: Baltimore, MD
Meh, I just look at is as an excuse to scare kids and goof around. That and also it is kind of expressing my goth tendencies. I don't sweat it too much either way, life's no fun without a good scare after all...
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest